History shows that some meetings are more challenging than others in delivering their expected outcomes. These events can range from small numbers of very strong minded characters seeking to find a way through conflicting opinions; to a large numbers of managers meeting to determine actions through discussion, feedback, and consensus.
Third party facilitation dramatically improves the value of these very expensive investments of organisational time and cost.
We will help support and develop a structure of preparations for these meetings; assist in bringing clarity of desired outcomes, and ensure participation, pace and summation of agreed actions for the record.
There are many critical components to bring under control when seeking a successful outcome of a potential tricky meeting.
But the key is to recognise the difference between a ‘Chat’ and a ‘Meeting’
Meetings have a Defined Purpose and a series of Desired Outcomes collected in an Agenda ….and always have a written output.
Historically these can be some of the very difficult meetings;
- Test plans and proposals already drafted by the attendees.
- Draw up a plan with the attendees.
- Allow attendees to brief their colleagues as to what is going on in their part of the organisation; and to be tested by all attendees.
- Receive a proposal and grind it out to a policy statement
- Solve a problem.
- Agreeing the Annual Budget.
- All the above in one meeting.
We can help manage some of the risk out of these events through our experience of surviving tricky meetings as a participant; and by turning potentially challenging meetings into successful outcomes through our facilitation.